FAILOVER IP with PALOALTO

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

FAILOVER IP with PALOALTO

L0 Member

Bonjour,

Je suis nouveau sur ce forum veuillez m'excuser si je suis dans la mauvaise catégorie du Forum.

Nous possédons 2 routeur PALOALTO series 800 en HA ACTIF/PASSIF.

Vu que nos switch's ne sont pas compatible avec le NLB (Network Load Balancing de chez MS) nous souhaitons voir côté Routeur.

Est-il possible de faire du FAIL-OVER IP sur les Routeurs avec l'exemple de caractéristique suivante:

Exemple addr IP: 192.168.X.10 (IP FAIL-OVER)

Machine sous Hyper-V:

VM01: 192.168.X.5 (seconde addr IP sur la carte virtuelle: 192.168.X.10)

VM02: 192.168.X.6 (seconde addr IP sur la carte virtuelle: 192.168.X.10)

Des choses à faire sur la TABLE ARP du routeur? Créer une adresse MAC similaire pour les 2 VM?

Merci cordialement,

Version Anglais:

Hello,

Sorry if my english is bad.
I am new to this forum please excuse me if I am in the wrong forum category.

We have 2 PALOALTO series 800 routers in HA ACTIVE / PASSIVE.
Since our switches are not compatible with NLB (Network Load Balancing from MS) we want to see the Router side.
Is it possible to FAIL-OVER IP on routers with the following example characteristic:

Example IP addr: 192.168.X.10 (IP FAIL-OVER)

Machine under Hyper-V:

VM01: 192.168.X.5 (second IP addr on the virtual card: 192.168.X.10)
VM02: 192.168.X.6 (second IP addr on the virtual card: 192.168.X.10)

Things to do on the ARP TABLE of the router? Create a similar MAC address for the 2 VMs?

Thank you Best regards,

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@ilyasour 

This isn't natively supported and not something I would recommend configuring through workarounds. There's plenty of free open-source load-balancers that are actually designed to do this that you could install on your hyper-v server on a small lightweight linux server installation. 

@BPry 

Thank you for your answer.

Do you have the names of software / Application (Free open source load balancers)?

I do a search and I saw they free open source software available like "Corosync/pacemaker" what do you think?

Thank you Best regards,

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!