Fan noise on PA-850 gateway

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Fan noise on PA-850 gateway

L4 Transporter

I have a new PA-850 firewall. Its cooling fans are very loud even when idle. Is there a setting where the fan speed can be adjusted?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

Hi there,

I thought the same thing too! Have you plugged both PSUs in?

cheers,

Seb.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L3 Networker

Hi there,

I thought the same thing too! Have you plugged both PSUs in?

cheers,

Seb.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@JimMcGrady 

There is no way you can adjust the speed of the fan.

Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L1 Bithead

I would suggest to open a case with either ASCs or PaloAlto TAC if you have access to.

As we know that FANs are there to cool down the device CHIPs and processors running into and may be something inside is heating up and that's why FANs are running at high speed which is good but not always. 

You cannot control the speed but you can check for any alarms (critical severity system logs), LED status, and system environmentals from CLI.

Command: show system environmentals.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @JimMcGrady ,

Did you see @SebRupik 's comment?  The PA-800 Series fans will run loud if only one PSU is plugged in.

Thanks,

Tom

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

That was exactly it! Second PSU was not getting power.

Thanks

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!