Feature Request - Multiple GP credentials

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Feature Request - Multiple GP credentials

L0 Member

Hello,

Is it possible to add the ability of using different credentials on the GP client based on portal?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@FadiSakkal,

Can you describe a bit more what you are actually asking for? If you have a separate portal, you can of course modify the authentication profile utilized for authentication. If you are connecting to a separate portal completely, then you will be prompted to authenticate according to the policies set on the selected portal. 

@BPry wrote:

If you are connecting to a separate portal completely, then you will be prompted to authenticate according to the policies set on the selected portal. 

that's exactly my point. I work with different clients that use Palo Alto and I have different accounts on each clients network.

Accordingly I have to re-enter my credentials whenever I connect to a different portal.

I was hoping that it would be possible to add the ability specify credentials based on the portal itself.

@FadiSakkal,

Oh I get what you're asking for now. You are correct that this would need to be a feature request and absolutely isn't supported at the moment, and that request would need to be processed through your SE. 

On to the matter of the request however, I don't think this is something that would be implemented. Your user credentials, when allowed to be saved, are stored in credential manager under a generic gpcp/LatestCP, nothing about the actual portal you are connecting to is ever stored. The entire process of how the cached credential process works would need to be modified. 

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!