File blocking. is it possible to allow exceptions?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

File blocking. is it possible to allow exceptions?

L4 Transporter

Hi all

One of my end clients has a File-Blocking profile which block all .EXES files but he needs from an specific website to download a EXE file. Is it possible like in URL profile to add an exception and allow the download?

best regards

Acuntia COS

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

But the specific profile (which allows EXE) would be limited to just one site. Isn't that restrictive enough?

With custom URL category you could maybe restrict to only one path on this site as well. 

However if he really wants to allow just one single EXE file allowed that would require exceptions by file hash which isn't possible I'm afraid.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L6 Presenter

Make a rule which allows access to that particular website and put a file blocking profile which allows downloads of EXE files on it (or don't put any file blocking profile on it). Make sure it's above current rule.

Hi Santonic

The problem is the end-client doesn't want to remove the EXE from the Fileblocking profile. I already suggest what yo said but he doesn't like it

best regards

But the specific profile (which allows EXE) would be limited to just one site. Isn't that restrictive enough?

With custom URL category you could maybe restrict to only one path on this site as well. 

However if he really wants to allow just one single EXE file allowed that would require exceptions by file hash which isn't possible I'm afraid.

That's what I said to the end-client but doesn't like it. But he will have to do it, there's no option.

Thanks for your help

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!