Firewall Monitoring - Availability and hardware utilization

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Firewall Monitoring - Availability and hardware utilization

L0 Member

Hi There,

I need to monitor the firewalls, actually are 2 Ingress, 2 Egress, 1 Management and 1 panorama in 5 different environments, (dev, no prod, and so on) If you google "custom pan os metrics published for monitoring" the first link has the step-by-step to monitoring using Application Insights that has some charges after 5 Gb, however, I d like to have more options, maybe a free one.
- Availability
- Hardware utilization

Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you in advance

2 REPLIES 2

L3 Networker

Hello,

Free- Options;

1- Nagios : Which requires too much effort to pring up i  tired once but give up.

2- Pandora FMS: installation nice but after putting snmp libs was hard, i could not succeed.

3-ZenOss: once was my favourite becouse you can create scripts to automate task in linux enviroment based on alerts, it supports winrmc and winrms feature whic you can connect and take action in windows enviroment.

4-Ganglia and etc. was frusrating spending too much time on monitoring software not an option allways.

My Suggest;

Half Free option is PRTG 100Sensor is free, Download Prtg on windows server and install. Download PRTG MIB importer to your computer. Go to support page and downlod required MIB files, open PRTG MIB importer and import it. After import save odlib file to PRTG Server library.

After Save go to prtg and add device without autodiscover (up to you you may want to try). open device in Prtg admin page then select add sensor. Then select custom library and find imported mib library file. And select required sensor for you. 

Have a nice day.  

UP

Hi there,

Thank you for your time, I appreciate it.

Ill double check those options.

Have a nice day.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!