fqdn as destination address in static route

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

fqdn as destination address in static route

L1 Bithead

Hello,

How can we add a fqdn object as destination in static route in virtual router.

Thanks in advance,

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

Hello @yelfilali 

I would be surprised if this is possible at all. A fqdn could result in 0, 1, 2, ... IP addresses. If the result could be ambiguous, best way is to not use/allow these input types.

L1 Bithead

hello @JoergSchuetter ,

Thanks for your answer .. i will try an other solution then .

Have a nice day

Hey @yelfilali ,

Would you mind sharing your problem/usecase we may help with suggestion or you can help others having similar questions.

L1 Bithead

of course @aleksandar.astardzhiev :

i need the traffic to some fqdn destinations (exemple : amazonaws.com) go through the backup ISP . we already doint this from some ip address using static routing but i cant use fqdns as destination in static routing thats why i should use PBF if i'm right 

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!