Frustration with Panorama

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Frustration with Panorama

L4 Transporter

Hi

So I am trying to use templates with panorama.  I have 3 devices. and I have a based template - standrard message and other things.

One of thos things is Authentication profiles, I have a standrad one that points to some LDAP servers.

But I am trying to attach my GP portal to it. but it it defined in my device template.

So i create a dummy auth profile with the same name as the one that is going into the standad shared template.

But I go to apply it and it say the auth profile in has none for type ... I don't want to have to keep retyping out all the configs cause they can't be shared ....

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

This sounds like something similar to what was running in to when experimenting with shared templates.  I abandoned it for now because it seemed too easy for someone to mess up and it behaved really odd when it was necessary to reference something from a template further down in the stack.

If the template system is going to allow stacking (i.e. the final templates are constructed from multiple templates smooshed together) then it needs a better understanding of the inheritance.  If I designate a template that is a base template but then need a device specific template on top of that, the device specific template needs to know and understand that it stacks on another template already and load those values in, perhaps in a different font color or something to indicate that they're inherited.  This way, the user can see what values are inheriting and, more importantly, you can fully configure the template instead of having to redefine values already set because the real settings you're trying to change have a dependancy on them and won't except empty ones.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!