FTP (SCP) Error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

FTP (SCP) Error

L3 Networker

Finished generating reports. Please press enter to continue...
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! @
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that a host key has just been changed.
The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is
*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Please contact your system administrator.
Add correct host key in /opt/pancfg/home/admin/.ssh/known_hosts to get rid of this message.
Offending RSA key in /opt/pancfg/home/admin/.ssh/known_hosts:3
RSA host key for *.*.*.* has changed and you have requested strict checking.
Host key verification failed.
lost connection

How i can edit the opt/pancfg/home/admin/.ssh/known_hosts (Path) ?

6 REPLIES 6

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

If that path is referring to the PAN OS, then you cannot change it. This is by design. Check the client and server to make sure they are configured correctly. Also is the PAN performing ssl decrypt for this connection? If yes turn it off and see if it changes things.

Regards,

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@NavidAlam,

You can clear this a few different ways, but assuming that you want to clear it across the entire box you would need to use the following command.

delete authentication user-file ssh-known-hosts user ip <ip> username all

You can also clear all entries by running the following

delete authentication user-file ssh-known-hosts self

Hi,

This syntax doesn't exist on Panorama (9.0.x). I have a key (added from GUI) that is under the root home directory, so I can't delete while logged in as "admin" using: delete user-file ssh-known-hosts

How do you delete all keys for all users from Panorama v9.0.x?

Thanks,
Shannon

I have the same exact problem /opt/pancfg/home/root/.ssh/known_hosts and cannot delete it. I haven't been able to exports logs since August 2022. It feels like I'm in the xkcd comic 979.

L0 Member

I'm not DenverCoder9

I found an answer.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/general-topics/scheduled-log-export-doesn-t-accept-new-ssh-host...

AnneB states you change the hostname to ip, test connection, accept add key, change back to hostname, test again. No problem commit. Done. Only need to do it to 1 export for the same host to get the all to work again. YAY.

L2 Linker

hi

did you find some solution ?

br

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!