Global Protect Gateway

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global Protect Gateway

L1 Bithead

Hi everybody, I'm getting through this issue: although we have 3 gateways configured in our portal, my GP client allways connect to the same one. How to deal with this client behavior?

Tks in advance

6 REPLIES 6

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

The GP agent will always connect to the gateway with the fastest SSL connection time.

So, it could be that one that is being chosen, is done, because it is the fastest.

Can you have someone in a different area of the state, country, world, help with your testing to see?

Thanks

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions

I know people in other state that connect to the same gateway and a friend of mine, who lives in the same area, connects to a different one. Is that a way I can force my agent connecting to a different one?

In your portal configuration (where you identify the 3 gateways), configure them to be Manual, and then commit.

Now you can manually choose which one you want to connect to.

My question is... WHY?   Why would you want to choose a different one, other than the one that is working fine?

Just curious.

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions

I work as IT analist supporting vpn and to help users, I need to test all possible connections.

The main idea is to keep them in automatic mode, not mannual.

Why dont you do as @SCantwell_IM suggested but create a portal config for yourself.

place it at the top of the list with you as a user then all other users will pick up the auto select one below it.

if you are not able to do this then just modify your local host file and either give 2 other gateways duff addresses or add all 3 gateways but give them all the same address as the gateway you would like to connect to...

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!