Global Protect Implementation

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global Protect Implementation

L0 Member

What's the best way to implement Global Protect in my home network so that I can access it from the outside?

4 REPLIES 4

L3 Networker

Hello,

Option-1; Static IP address.

Option-2; Dynamic DNS.

For both option you need a good upload and Download speed.

If you have budget you can use a small PA box else you can run a virtual Firewall on local server/computer.

-I used my computer for this but ADSL line was not enough.

UP

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@gulruthina,

The implementation really isn't going to be any different from a corporate network outside of how you authenticate and the agent options that you leave enabled. Something like a home VPN you'll likely make it on-demand, stay with a simple local authentication profile unless you already have a user directory built as part of your home lab, and you are unlikely to disable really any of the agent options. 

Obviously how you actually implement this is up to you and depends on your actual use-case. Where I wouldn't see a need to configure an always-on pre-logon enabled connection for my personal devices, that may be something that you actually desire. 

You'll likely need to look at a dynamic DNS service as @upelister mentioned to ensure that you don't have to constantly modify IP addresses and you can actually properly take care of the certificate side of things. 

My PA box is behind a router. So I have to use port forwarding

Hello,

Yes port forward mandatory.

UP
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!