Global Protect user authentication

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global Protect user authentication

Not applicable

It seems that Global Protect will send user authentication request twice per logon.

I setup a lab and the backend authentication server is RADIUS Server, and I find there will be two access request per logon.

Is it correct? Is there any parameters I can configuration to make it send one authentication request?

Regards, Bobby

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L1 Bithead

Perhaps it is one authentication for the portal and one for the gateway? That is what I see in my Globalprotect environment.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L1 Bithead

Perhaps it is one authentication for the portal and one for the gateway? That is what I see in my Globalprotect environment.

Hi timshannon,

Thanks for your reply.

I don't know if there are some parameters/configuration I can modify to make it authenticate once per logon.

In fact, I met a trouble about it (twice authentication per logon).

A client needs strong authentication for user access and OTP is necessary for them.

But they cannot understand why they need to input two password....

The input password will be "AD'password + OTP" and  "AD's password + another OTP"

Does anybody have good idea to convince customer that the Disign is reasonable if there is no parameters/configuation I can modify?

Not only official declaration but distributor/reseller point view is appreciated.

Regards, Bobby

Hi timshannon,

Thanks for your reply. You are correct.

I forgot that both of Portal and Gateway needing authentication and can use different authentiation profiles.

Regards, Bobby

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!