cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Global Protect ( VPN client ) - does not allow print jobs

L1 Bithead

Hi everyone,

I need some assistance, please, if anyone else has encountered a similar issue before.

1. I have Global Connect installed on our corporate laptops, and it successfully authenticates and provides access to our Intranet, Internet, and printing services without any issues.
  2. The problem arises when I am at our vendor's external site. I am unable to print jobs without having to log out from Global Protect. I can access all the services I would normally use from my workplace, except for printing. Additionally, I wasn't successful in pinging the IP address of the printer either; I only receive a positive ping response when I log out from Global Protect.
  3. Operating System: Windows 10 with Global Protect installed.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

This option is configured inside Palo Alto firewall.

You need to talk to your firewall admin.

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

When you are at vendor site then where is the printer? Are you trying to print to printer at vendor site?

Most likely "No direct access to local network" checkbox blocks you accessing printer in same subnet.

Raido_Rattameister_0-1695817129818.png

I would not rush to disable it as then you will be vulnerable to newly discovered TunnelCrack.

https://tunnelcrack.mathyvanhoef.com/details.html

Thanks for your reply.

• At vendor site, I'm connected via their Internet which isn't part of my Corporate network.
  • Thanks for sharing the screenshot, unfortunately i do not see those options on my Global Protect Client, should I be looking for these settings elsewhere instead ?

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

This option is configured inside Palo Alto firewall.

You need to talk to your firewall admin.

Thanks again - spot on with your advice.  

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!