GlobalProtect App Dynamic Configuration misses information for 'show-system-tray-notifications'

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect App Dynamic Configuration misses information for 'show-system-tray-notifications'

L2 Linker

Hi!

Got a bit of a puzzling issue: This morning was committing a change when I got this mysterious error :-

"GlobalProtect App Dynamic Configuration misses information for 'show-system-tray-notifications'"

... repeated for each of the GlobalProtect portal agent configurations (six across two portals). 

None of the changes I've made recently go anywhere near the GlobalProtect portals - there's been a change or two within the gateways but not the portals. 

The dumped configuration (we check all changes into a repository) contains what I believe to be the right configuration :-

» grep system-tray owl.config
set global-protect global-protect-portal ThePortal client-config configs chromebooks gp-app-config config show-system-tray-notifications value no
set global-protect global-protect-portal ThePortal client-config configs globalprotect-testing gp-app-config config show-system-tray-notifications value no
set global-protect global-protect-portal ThePortal client-config configs Default gp-app-config config show-system-tray-notifications value no
set global-protect global-protect-portal AutoPortal client-config configs Windows-globalprotect-testing gp-app-config config show-system-tray-notifications value no
set global-protect global-protect-portal AutoPortal client-config configs Windows gp-app-config config show-system-tray-notifications value no
set global-protect global-protect-portal AutoPortal client-config configs Chromebooks gp-app-config config show-system-tray-notifications value no

Although the validate showed a failure, the actual commit worked (although it caused a few extra grey hairs).

It gets even weirder: A colleague was trying to find the relevant item within the GUI ("Show System Tray Notifications") and couldn't find it. Whilst it was in my browser initially, after closing the tab and re-opening it, it had disappeared!

Anyone see anything like this? Or am I going even madder?

Running 8.1.9 on PA5250s

19 REPLIES 19

Just to qualify, what specifically worked for me, was the following;

Open each Portal Configuration>Network tab>GlobalProtect>Portals>click on each Porta>click on Agent>open the Agent listed under Configs>from the Configs window click on OK, then click OK to close the Portal Configuration screen>Commit changes to device.

Hope this helps someone.

This solution seemed to do the trick for me on the 220, will try this on the 5050s as well. thanks!

L1 Bithead

We were able to resolve this by performing a content update and then committing.

L0 Member

Do not worry, you can follow the link below for the solution:

Yes, the solution is that simple 🙂🙂

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000PPUTCA4 

Seems PA have this KB now for  how to fix this issue from CLI and GUI

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000PPUTCA4

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 19 replies
  • 4 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!