cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Globalprotect auth certificate profile

L3 Networker

Hi,

Question on global protect authentication certificate profiles.  On our gateways, I've had a certificate profile configured to prevent non-company devices from connecting.  Has worked great, no real issues.   However, this was only configured on the gateway, no the portal authentication.   I'm trying to resolve an issue where bad actors are attempting globalprotect logins from valid active directory usernames and wind up locking those accounts out.  I was wondering if certificate profile was added to the portal configuration as well,  would it prevent these failed authentication attempts from occuring?

2 REPLIES 2

L2 Linker

Enabling cert Auth for GP portal would be extra layer of the protection. Even though if the malicious actor has the valid credentials they need to provide the valid certificate for successful authentication.

Edsnow

thanks but it doesn't answer my question.  I know it provides extra protection.    I am looking for a way to prevent malicious actors from locking out my user accounts due to invalid login attempts.  I'm wondering if adding the certificate profile for portal would prevent it

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!