GlobalProtect client disable WLAN NIC

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect client disable WLAN NIC

L3 Networker

Hi All,

i have this issue: when i connect with global protect the WLAN NIC disables, and i have to restart the PC, i have this problem with this PC model: Dell Latitude 5414 Rugged

Can you help me? Have you got some hints for me to check?

Regards,

Daniele

5 REPLIES 5

L7 Applicator

Ruggeds have a stealth mode, not sure if this is kicking in but have you tried fn-prtsrc to re enable wifi. If this is the issue then try disableing stealth mode in bios.

or.. Perhaps event viewer may offer some pointers.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

I'm guessing @Mick_Ball hit the ball on the head. It's one of the features I love about those laptops and a select number of HPs as they stop the laptop from pulling a wireless IP when it's connected to a LAN. The issue is VPN connections are considered a LAN by these devices and as such the software kicks in and disables the wireless card, which is likely powering the VPN connection. 

Hi @BPry,

you know if there is a workaround to that?

Regards,

Daniele

@DKanta,

I'm not familiar with this particular model so it could be a few things,

1) It has been an option within the wireless driver options. 

2) They like to put this in the BIOS under Power Management, Wireless Radio Control. 

3) HP likes to use a software application 

4) There could possibly be a service called "Wired AutoConfig" that needs to be set to disabled. 

Again I'm not sure which one this model is using, I would start with 4, then 1, and then 2, usually it's either number 4 or 2 on Dell machines. 

@DKanta,

I've also see it have both the "Wired Config" service and the BIOS option on one machine, so that's something to be aware of to. 

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!