11-09-2021 01:45 PM
Anyone know if/when there will be support of GlobalProtect running on macOS 12/Monterey?
02-24-2022 01:15 PM
Hello, is there a solution for this?, we have some clients with the same problem in 5.2.10 with monterey
02-25-2022 12:21 AM
I recently closed a support ticket in this case.
Information I have got from PANW:
- there is no official bug id for this issue,
- the issue is known and affected versions are from 5.2.8 (as I correctly remember),
- it affects not only macOS but Windows machines, too,
- it is connected to packet fragmentation with in certain circumstances and unfortunately is experienced randomly,
- exact triggering events are not known in details,
- a workaround to this is to DISABLE split tunneling for video traffic (and pray it won't happen 😉 ),
- it will be fixed in 5.2.11 which should be released end of March 2022.
In my infrastructure the issue vanished without any specific reasons. Somehow I connect it to macOS update (12.2.1) but I am unable to confirm and say it for sure.
@jmsepulveda I will be happy to share more information in Zoom or other VC solution if you would like to discuss the case. Just send a message to me.
02-25-2022 05:10 AM
hello thanks for the information, they did not tell you if this was solved in version 6?, I understand that it is not a preferred version yet, but it can be an alternative
03-10-2022 04:14 AM
Hello mates 🙂
GP 5.2.11 was released. I have just installed this and testing.
After reviewing the release notes I have to say it is sooooo huge release: a lot of important fixes especially for functionality of handling DNS, macos, MFA, SAML, split tunneling, local networking....
And they declare they fixed this:
GPC-14453 Fixed an issue where the TCP Option lookup for IP fragmented TCP packets caused the endpoint to lose access to internal resources.
It is not direct solution to the issue I experienced ("internal" not "any" resources) but I hope it will solve this, too.
Share your opinions, plz.
Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.
The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!
These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!
The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!