GlobalProtect Client with Android 9 (pie)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect Client with Android 9 (pie)

L4 Transporter

Is PAN abondoning the GP mobile client on Android? The last update was a while ago, the UI is just horrid and it crashes under Android 9. Several reports of the issue have been made but all is quiet so far. Does anyone have any inside info? I was using XAuth but after upgrading to 8.1.3 I am getting funny behavior so I was going to give the GP client a go but I am embarrased for whoever maintains this thing. 

It does appear to conenct as I can see my connections come in but the client immedieatly crashes and disconnects.

Is there any hope? 🙂

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

@hshawn

You probably need to ask this question about android 9 to your SE, because so far only up to Android 8.x is supported

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@hshawn,

As @Remo mentioned Android Pie isn't actually officially supposed to work yet, which is why you are running into issues with it. I'd be fairly confident without any inside baseball that an updated client is likely in the works, it just isn't a bit priority. I mean, 4.1 is really the first GlobalProtect client on the desktop side of things that wasn't just terribly put together and horrible from a user experiance standpoint. 

I would take the suggestion to talk with your SE and see if you maybe can't have a roadmap discussion under NDA; that might guide you in the direction you take on mobile VPN. Or it might not, I have no idea. 

L7 Applicator

@hshawn

FYI: PaloAlto has updated the Android Global Protect App and has now added support for Android 9

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!