GlobalProtect OnDemand mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect OnDemand mode

L0 Member

Hello,

We use PAN OS 4.1.1 and GlobalProtect 1.1.0, free version of GlobalProtect.

We have configured GlobalProtect in OnDemand mode.

When the GlobalProtect software starts it connects to the PA and try's to logon with the stored credentials (Username / password), i does this withoud giving a connect command.

We do not want this because ervery time i start my computer my account information is send to the internet.

We prefer a client that only starts when i start it.

Also the account iformation is storded by the PANGP agent and easy to reveal with an astrix remover.

I read that a lot of customers want the netconnect client back, we are also one of them

I hope for a quick solution.

Kind regards.

Tom

2 REPLIES 2

L1 Bithead

Good question, I also would like to use it in such way.

Not applicable

yeah we are facing this problem as well.

what is the point of calling it on demand when the service automatically connects everytime we boot up the system.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!