GlobalProtect VPN gives error until I repair client. Why?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect VPN gives error until I repair client. Why?

L1 Bithead

Hello,

After covid, we started to work from home. But my problem is, I have to repair client whenever I restart my computer. Otherwise, It stucks in this screen until I repair it.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Log says, "(T2668) 04/05/20 15:07:07:396 Debug( 268): CPanSocket::onConnect - return error code = 10049."

Honestly, I have no idea what problem is. 

Untitled.png

6 REPLIES 6

L4 Transporter

Hi,

Can you explain what you mean by repairing the client? Is the portal reachable? 

Hi

Yes, portal is reachable. As far as I can see that I got some kind of error that blocks my client to connect to portal.

I have globalprotect.msi file, I just right click it and select repair. It repairs something than requires restart, after that everything works until next restart. I've been working like this for 2 weeks. 

Once you restart and GlobalProtect is 'repaired', do you know when it stops working?

L2 Linker

Hello,

Looking at the socket error, I believe that the GP agent isn't able to establish connect to PanGPS services on TCP 4767 as outlined in:

Link .

Did you try checking your local machine if this port is being listened? If you don't see it, you may have to re-install your GP on your machine.

It would be handy if you can share the truncated portion of your PanGPS logs as well..

Thank you.

Yes, after restart, it stops working. I disconnect several times in a day without restart and i can reconnect again. When I restart my computer, it fails.

Are you also running any scripts upon restarting your computer? 

Can you share PanGPS truncated logs? 

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!