Google Earth (Pro) and SSL Decrypt

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Google Earth (Pro) and SSL Decrypt

L2 Linker

Anybody figured out a the magic combo to get Google Earth (Pro) not to warn on startup with SSL Decrypt?  Before you ask "yes" SSL decrypt is working no errors or warnings in browsers (i.e. CA's in trust store) and yes I thought about the ICA issue and imported the GTS CA 1O1 cert on the off chance that was the issue.  Any other ideas outside "bypass or ignore it".  Google Earth (Pro) the only Google app/suite I'm still having issues with here.

2 REPLIES 2

L0 Member

Did you ever find an answer to this?   I have put google earth in our whitlested apps and its not working.  This started last Friday after some Palo updates...

No, I end up just making a decrypt bypass rule just for it.  I find google, like many other vendors (talking about you ArcGIS and many network appliances) are hard coding / cert pinning rather than using the OS certificate root store hence I ended up making all sorts of holes for this. I assume it's only going to get worse in the future given the move by major vendors and movers in the IT world to squash MITM "attacks" under the guise of privacy though in reality it has nothing to do with that.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!