GP-public IP to DNS

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GP-public IP to DNS

L1 Bithead

How to convert GP public IP to a domain name?

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@HilalWani,

Not exactly sure what you're asking exactly. You would just need a DNS entry on your domain and point it to your public IP being used for GlobalProtect. Then in your configuration for Globalprotect you would just want to change it to utilize FQDN instead of the IP. You would find this under your Portal configuration under your gateways. 

L1 Bithead

I mean to say that instead of using public ip for global protect i want to use fqdn(like abc.com) to access the global protect.

How to create or register this fqdn for GP?

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@HilalWani,

As I previously mentioned, you simply need to add a DNS entry on your domain and point it towards the Public IP you're using for GlobalProtect and update your configuration to make use of it. If you don't already own a domain you'll simply need to acquire one from a registrar and get a valid certificate for it. 

will try to check

• 4 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!