Grouping Countries

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Grouping Countries

L1 Bithead

Hello,

I've been asked to block certain countries...

- All of Europe except Spain

- All of Asia (except Japan, Australia, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan)

- All of Africa

I figured I could add those countries to a "Denied Countries" group to use in a security policy but I don't see the countries listed when I try to create my address group... they only exist in the Regions section.  Is there any way I can create an address group for the countries?  Is there an easier way to do what I'm trying to do without having to manually go through all of the countries and add individually?  Would be nice if there were predefined Region groups (i.e. Europe, Asia, Africa, etc).

Thanks in advance for your help/advice!

-Dave

4 REPLIES 4

L5 Sessionator

Hi dwoolley

You can go through the following similar discussion:

Re: Is it possible to group countries?

Thanks

L6 Presenter

Hi Dwoolley,

Its not possible to create Address Group for Countries. We have open FR for the same.

Priority: High

FR ID: 1734

Please contact your sales engineer to vote for you.

Regards,

Hardik Shah

L7 Applicator

Adding to it:

Subject: Multiple Countries in a Single Object

Priority: Medium

FR ID: 1284

You can request your local SE so he can also add you to this list.

Thanks

L4 Transporter

HULK and  hshah are both correct.

There has been a Feature Request submitted for this exact feature. At this time, we are not able to group regions.

An alternative would be to create your own region object, with multiple regions and IP address ranges defined inside, but you might as well go ahead and add them one by one to the rule...

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!