HA config sync only manually possible: Commit not synchronized

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

HA config sync only manually possible: Commit not synchronized

L1 Bithead

Hey.

I enabled HA active-passive on a new 3220-pair. HA1a & b, HA 2 & HA backup are green and working fine so far. I can also do a manual sync, which works fine. In HA config i enabled config sync. The failover works fine too, as i tested it.

Pengsti_1-1594219641354.png

But it seems, there is no HA auto running-config sync to HA-peer. In dashboard (High Availability) i am in red "not syncronized" status and need to sync manually.

In monitoring, i can see the following warning:

Pengsti_0-1594219554734.png

any idea??

thanks guys.
Christian

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for help.

Finally got it now. I just deleted all of the HA config, exported Config on Device A, imported on Device B, changed IP-Settings and Hostname and tried again - now everything is fine, sync is working.

Don't know what really was the issue, but its solved 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Pengsti,

This generally happens if the peer unit has any changes made to it. I'd verify that the peer unit doesn't have some changes that haven't been committed or simply log into the peer unit and load the running-config and perform the manual sync again and see if that doesn't fix the issue. 

It seems always in this state, after manual commits (on all devices inkl. commit & push from panorama). aswell after manual sync (which works fine) its getting back to the "not syncronized" state, althought the sync was successfull

Okay so it's not an easy one. You'll need to look at the devices ha_agent log and see what the logs are recording.

less mp-log ha_agent.log

Thanks for help.

Finally got it now. I just deleted all of the HA config, exported Config on Device A, imported on Device B, changed IP-Settings and Hostname and tried again - now everything is fine, sync is working.

Don't know what really was the issue, but its solved 🙂

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!