cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

HA2 interface not up using HSCI cable

L0 Member

Hi Good day,

Our client received two Palo Alto units, including an HSCI cable. However, they noticed that the HSCI cable is not functioning. When they connect it to the HSCI port, the LED port does not light up. However, when using a normal SFP with fiber, there is no problem. Is there any solution that can help us, or should they proceed with the RMA process?

14 REPLIES 14

L6 Presenter

What PAN-OS version?  I'm not positive, but I thought there might have been a bug regarding HSCI.  The specifics about the bug I don't really recall, but if we know the PAN-OS version the known issues can be looked at to see if there's a matching bug.

L0 Member

As per checking current version running is 11.0.0. Firewall model is PA 1410

Hi I am running into same issue. Port is connected but shows status as unknown.

Name: hsci, ID: 8
Link status:
Runtime link speed/duplex/state: unknown/unknown/unknown
Configured link speed/duplex/state: auto/auto/auto

Thanks

I have PA 3410  which is running 11.0.3 when we check DAC on HSCI port and data port is not working port not blinking but its detected when we run show command on CLI (vendor-name: Amphenol ,
vendor-part-number: NDCCDD-0005). but normal Fiber cable is working for both port light are blinking. Kindly advise.

Are you using DAC cable ? Which PanOs and hardware?

@NazrulHaqim wrote:

As per checking current version running is 11.0.0. Firewall model is PA 1410

Looking at the release notes this might be pretty close to what you're seeing:

Brandon_Wertz_0-1705937328267.png

Also looks like 11.0.3h3 fixes the HSCI problem:

Brandon_Wertz_1-1705937407747.png

You can see my recent post it looks like there's a published bug specifically for the 1400 series.  So at face value it shouldn't effect the 3400, but anytime a vendor says it "only effects "X" hardware type" I get a little suspicious that maybe other hardware version could still be impacted.

Maybe try running the 11.0.3h3 code and see if that fixes the issue?

Thanks brandon. We have upgraded to the said version but no luck. Raised the RMA for the cable. I will test once it arrives.

Hi KhaleelE,

Did you use this DAC  cable : PAN-SFP-PLUS-CU-5M for HSCI port ?

L2 Linker

Hi NazruHaqim,

Did you use this DAC  cable : PAN-SFP-PLUS-CU-5M for HSCI port ?

yes. we are using DAG cable and running version 11.0 without any hotfix.

Hi kunal.shahasuno ,

Do you still have the issue even if DAC calble is provided by Palo Alto (PAN-SFP-PLUS-CU-5M) ?

yes Still the HA2 port is down

L0 Member

Hi PA support suggested to replace the cable they are sending replacement cable. Just for the people looking for answer to this issue. Thanks

• 14 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!