Has anyone taken a look at panug.com ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Has anyone taken a look at panug.com ?

L4 Transporter

I stumbled across a site that I think aims to be similar to https://www.cpug.org - sort of the community's independent forum where discussions about Palo Alto can take place. Kind of a neat idea, but I'm not sure how much community momentum it has.

Check it out: http://panug.com

6 REPLIES 6

L6 Presenter

Good resource, I think its first public PAN forum ....

L6 Presenter

Honeypot? 😉

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: PANUG.COM

Created on: 18-Mar-12

Expires on: 18-Mar-14

Last Updated on: 17-Dec-12

Registrant:

Jason Ottwell

123 Nowhere

Dallas, Texas 75126

United States

Administrative Contact:

Ottwell, Jason jottwell@gmail.com

123 Nowhere

Dallas, Texas 75126

United States

(972) 555-5555

Technical Contact:

Ottwell, Jason jottwell@gmail.com

123 Nowhere

Dallas, Texas 75126

United States

(972) 555-5555

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.OTTWELL.COM

NS2.OTTWELL.COM

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: OTTWELL.COM

Created on: 11-Jan-06

Expires on: 11-Jan-15

Last Updated on: 17-Dec-12

Registrant:

Akbar Ottwell

123 Nowhere

Dallas, Texas 75226

United States

Administrative Contact:

Ottwell, Akbar craigslistanon@gmail.com

123 Nowhere

Dallas, Texas 75226

United States

(972) 555-5555

Technical Contact:

Ottwell, Akbar craigslistanon@gmail.com

123 Nowhere

Dallas, Texas 75226

United States

(972) 555-5555

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.OTTWELL.COM

NS2.OTTWELL.COM

Not much content yet. I personally believe one PAN community is enough Smiley Happy

I've been giving the site some thought, and I suppose as long as the Palo Alto Networks official communities section doesn't engage in censorship (e.g. deleting a post based solely on the fact that a particular user's post was critical of PA's products or services)  then a second outside community isn't that compelling.

The one thing that is nice about an outside entitiy like CPUG or PANUG would be that the content would be indexed by Google and would be accessible by anyone, regardless of the status of a support contract...I think that not requiring someone to have a support contract with a company is a big reason to argue in favor of such a community (be it CPUG or PANUG) - you exclude a lot of young aspiring firewall admins by requiring a support contract before you can log in to Palo Alto Networks' communities.

The one thing that is nice about an outside entitiy like CPUG or PANUG would be that the content would be indexed by Google and would be accessible by anyone, regardless of the status of a support contract...I think that not requiring someone to have a support contract with a company is a big reason to argue in favor of such a community (be it CPUG or PANUG) - you exclude a lot of young aspiring firewall admins by requiring a support contract before you can log in to Palo Alto Networks' communities.

Yes totally agree, but requiring a serial number to sign up for the community/support access keeps the crap out..

I really like the the expertise in this community, very high level and of great value for everyone !

I agree, there's a balance there between allowing the random Internet to be able to post and restricting it too much to where it's too much of an insular 'walled garden.' You wouldn't want the quality of the discussion board to decline because someone is making constant LOLCAT threads  :smileygrin:

• 6 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!