Help with DNS?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Help with DNS?

L0 Member

Hello Live Community. 

I am in a bind. I have all of our clients on networks using DHCP from our Palo Alto and pointing to Googles servers for DNS. Very quick and slick. unfortunately I need all computers, tablets, phones, etc... to see a server inside our Palo Alto. Is there any way to do this without compromising the DNS settings, or speed? I really do not want a DNS server in house? Like a local static IP address or FQDN? The devices all go outside the device and can't resolve the internal address. 

Thanks in advance for input. 

- JC

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@JCMoritz,

The DNS Proxy capability is created for this exact scenario, so I'd get that configured. Just know though that you are creating a DNS server by using this option, it'll just be the firewall itself. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@JCMoritz,

The DNS Proxy capability is created for this exact scenario, so I'd get that configured. Just know though that you are creating a DNS server by using this option, it'll just be the firewall itself. 

Thanks BPry! Makes sense to me. Will give it a try. 

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @JCMoritz ,

Here is a short video I created a while ago and why I think you should use a secure DNS server instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROIAYSEbTuo

Regards,

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!