High CPU and Lag using ACC

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

High CPU and Lag using ACC

L0 Member

We have PA-4020 running 3.1.9 in HA

Every time I need to use ACC to run traffic report for week/30 days or so …. It just freezes up for several minutes with up to 98% CPU that remains long after I cancel the report. The more granular I get with my report (filter on app) the more lag I get. Usually if I chose only one filter after the initial report run just to get more granular view of sources and destination the ACC  counters stuck on “ please wait”. I use the ACC on low traffic hours early morning when almost no one is yet working. Support just told me “well its just how it is and they are aware of the situation and can’t do nothing about it. Was wondering if any of you guys encountered this issue?

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Hi,

Depends on the amount of information the ACC can take long time to generate detailed info based on 30 days, as PA box needs to do a lot of queries for that. In future release we will create some summary data so that the mgmt plane doesn't need to do so much query. This should help to improve the situation.

L4 Transporter

As stated in the first response the sheer volume of data that must be queried will have a major impact on the speed by which the report is generated. Utilizing the Panorama product will allow you to offload this function to our remote managment/reporting platform. You could also offload to a syslog server and use your favorite SQL quiry tools to generate custom reports as granualr as you require.

~Phil

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!