How can I create a report that shows my ISP outages in a given month?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How can I create a report that shows my ISP outages in a given month?

L3 Networker

The information I'm trying to see is how often one of my ISP's goes down in a given week/month.

I have dual ISP's so I use PBF rules to failover. I currently have a system log setting to email me when a PBF rule is triggered (subtype eq pbf). But I don't see any "system" categories in the scheduled reports.

Is there any way to make a report for PBF events? Or is there another way I can get this kind of report?

Thanks

Edit: I am on release 8.04

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

If you don't find better way then application incomplete is good indicator or application dns and packets received back from internet is zero ( pkts_received eq 0 ).

Not too granular time wise but better than nothing.

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

I don't think you could do a graphical report, but you could simply filter the system logs, export as a CSV, and then generate a graph in excel to show outages? 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!