How does Validate Commit function work in PAN OS 9.0.9?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How does Validate Commit function work in PAN OS 9.0.9?

L0 Member

I'm wondering if the validation process is checking the change against the running config and not taking into account the Interface IP change in the candidate config while doing the validation.

I am trying to make a change to both the IP address of the outside interface and the associated default static route

When a validate commit I get the following error 

Static route default route next hop IP x.x.x.x is not in subnet of outgoing interface ethernet1/3

Now I've checked. I have no typos in my interface address or my route and I've used a default.  the next hop address is the first useable in the  /29 subnet and the ethernet1/3 is the last useable address in the subnet.

1 REPLY 1

L6 Presenter

If you want you can test commit force https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/general-topics/difference-between-commit-and-commit-force/td-p/... to bypass the check in your case but be carefull and read about this. Also make certain that you are changing the IP addresses on the interface as when I use CLI many times  I add an ip address and the old still there, so I end up with 2 IP addresses, so use the GUI and first remove the old one then add the new.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!