How to check what zone a subnet belongs to?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to check what zone a subnet belongs to?

L0 Member

Is there anyway to check what zone a subnet belongs in if there are multiple zones on the firewall?

Preferably through the GUI?

4 REPLIES 4

L3 Networker

Yes, you can check the IP subnets and interfaces of the zone very quickly in web UI.

Mudhireddy_0-1639152199465.png

Just follow as per screenshot steps.

Best Regards,
Suresh

Thanks for the response, I should have given more detail. If for example I am making a rule using new objects (hosts, networks, etc.) that I have just created, what is the best way to determine what zone I should select for them in the rule?

Do I just check if the IP address of the object belongs in any of the ranges of each zone on the Interfaces tab?

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Yeah its one of those things you have to understand your network to determine which zone and network the host lives in. 

Hope that makes sense.

L3 Networker

Supposing you don't know that, for whatever reason, and you just can access the firewall, I'd say:

• Network > Virtual Router > More runtime stats > Routing Table, find the route and get the interface type.number for that specific destination
  • Network > Interfaces > Type > Number, and get the assigned zone for the interface you got at the previous step

Of course, knowledge of your network, as said by others, is always a good and healthy thing to have, when managing a firewall.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!