How to configure gre over ipsec?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

L1 Bithead

Hello 

For example, some implementations require multicast traffic to be encapsulated before IPSec encrypts it. If this is a requirement for your environment and the GRE tunnel and IPSec tunnel share the same IP address, Add GRE Encapsulation when you set up the IPSec tunnel.

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/9-0/pan-os-admin/networking/gre-tunnels/gre-tunnel-overview...

ZhouYu_0-1628158713548.png

ZhouYu_1-1628158764675.png

ZhouYu_2-1628158809447.png

How to configure?

4 REPLIES 4

L0 Member

Hello,

Pleased to see your issue as I think I have the same problem, I am also confused and in need of light on this same issue. Need help tellthebell.

Community Team Member

In that same document but in the next section is a whole area on configuring GRE: 

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/9-0/pan-os-admin/networking/gre-tunnels/create-a-gre-tunnel...

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Hello Jdelio

This is configure GRE tunnel ,but I need configure gre over ipsec.

L0 Member

Should the GRE interface be on the PA side or will it be sufficient on the other side, for example on the Mikrotik or Cisco side?

Has anyone configured GRE over IPSEC between PA and Mikrotik? Please share an example of a working configuration.

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!