How to count users?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to count users?

L4 Transporter

Hi

I have interesting problem to make a report of users activity. I'd like to make a report that will show how many students uses WiFi network in every hour (quoter of hour). I tryed to find option that let me do that - but I didn't find one. So I need Your help.

Probalby I should interest in API and Excell.

Is it possible to connect MS Excell directly to PAN? or do I need to first save a file on disk and next using PivotTable make my report?

I'm waiting for You sugesstions and examples Smiley Wink

Regards

Slawek

1 REPLY 1

Not applicable

I can't comment on how to automatically pull the data directly into excel because we've never tried/bothered. The two options we use for reporting are:

1.) Export the CSV and manually manipulate the data in excel.

2.) Setup the free (500Mb/day limited) version of Splunk with the "Splunk for PaloAlto Networks" app from Splunkbase. That gives you a lot of useful built-in reports and almost unlimited options for creating custom reports from any of the log data.

Hope that helps!

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!