How to identify unused objects?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to identify unused objects?

L4 Transporter

Hi All,

Is it possible to identify unused objects,.? eg: address, address group, app group etc

We are using PS2050 which is taking too much time for commit ( arroung 30 minutes) so i want to remove unused objects from the device which may helps to improve commit

we have more than 700 objects defined and about 220 policies it is very difficult to identify unused objects manually in this scenario.

Thank you,

Gururaj

5 REPLIES 5

L5 Sessionator

Hi Gururaj

The following document can be helpful:

How to Identify Unused Policies on a Palo Alto Networks Device

Thanks

L7 Applicator

Hello Gururaj,

As csharma mentioned above, we can identify any unused policy on this PAN firewall, but I don't think there is any straight forward way to segregate unused objects i.e (address, address group, app group etc)

If there are features we currently don't have but you would like to see added, the Palo Alto SE can create a feature request for you.

Thanks

L4 Transporter

Firemon, Tufin, AlgoSec can help you

Hi,

Our Professional Services engineer do have some tools to make that happen. You could get in touch with your PAN Sales team to see what they can do for you.

Not applicable

We are actually working with a Palo engineer right now who is creating a script to do this very thing. As stated above, there is nothing on the GUI or CLI that will perform this function, but you can script it out yourself.

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!