How to log all url ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to log all url ?

L3 Networker

Hello,

In the monitor tab, the traffic log doesn't allow to see url destination. As far as I know, the only place where to see url destination is URL Filtering logs.

However, only the url that are part of the URL Filtering objects are logged.

My question is : How to make the system log all url ? (as there was an additionnal "url" column in the traffic log for example).

I have tried to set up an URL Filtering object that has the wildcard "*" for Block List and "Alert" as action. By this way it logs all url as expected but it bypass all the category actions specified on the right pane.

Any idea  ?

Regards,

Laurent

4 REPLIES 4

L6 Presenter

Your correct in that you'll only be able to view url logs in the url filtering monitor. How to make the system log all urls? In your URL filtering profile, you either set all categories to alert or block. Allow will only provide access to categories but urls will not be logged.

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

However, what about the non-categorized urls ?

Laurent

Hi Laurent,

Uncategorized URLs are labeled under category "unknown", which you should see as part of your URL filtering profile.  Setting this category to "alert" will generate entries in the URL filtering log, similar to the behavior for other URL categories.

Hope this helps,

Doris

OK I'll try that.

Thanks for your help.

Laurent

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!