I want device does not send Email if has special character. How way is it?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

I want device does not send Email if has special character. How way is it?

L4 Transporter

Hello everyone.

I use that device send Email if system log servirity pass over medium class.

I often receive unimportant Email such as ip-already-in-use.

Does not device send Email if has special character on system log ????

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L6 Presenter

Hi...You may want to set up an email account to accept the email messages from the PA system, then use outlook wizard to filter the emails you want and forward to your email account.

The custom log format is to define what information will be reported in the email, and the escape character is to separate the log fields.  You cannot use it to detect special character.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L6 Presenter

Hi...You may want to set up an email account to accept the email messages from the PA system, then use outlook wizard to filter the emails you want and forward to your email account.

The custom log format is to define what information will be reported in the email, and the escape character is to separate the log fields.  You cannot use it to detect special character.  Thanks.

OK. I understand.

Thank you for your assistance.

I got the impression that "escape character" was to replace chars within a logfield, not the char used between logfields?

The "escape character" are used between log fields to customize the log format.  The logfields are preserved as it was logged to maintain log integrity.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!