Impact of license expiry

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Impact of license expiry

L2 Linker

I need the impact below license expiry. This is not in terms of any OS version. This is a gen query.

-SD WAN License
  -BrightCloud URL Filtering
  -GlobalProtect Portal
  -GlobalProtect Gateway

I intend to get the below bullets:-

-What one can still do,

-What one can no longer do,

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

sd-wan license: LIVEcommunity - What happens when the SD-WAN license on firewall expires? - LIVEcommunity - 541649 (...

For brightcloud I would assume it would be similar to the url filtering license expiring, I dont believe you can renew a brightcloud license anymore: What Happens When Licenses Expire? (paloaltonetworks.com)

Globalprotect portal license no longer exists, there is just the one GP license now. What happens with GP is listed here: What Happens When Licenses Expire? (paloaltonetworks.com)

When are the Global Protect Portal and Gateway Licenses Require... - Knowledge Base - Palo Alto Netw...

Obviously your license needs depend on your environment but at the vary least I would recommend getting the advanced url filtering license to put in place. Hope this helps. 

L5 Sessionator

Hi Sachin,

When license for SD-WAN expires sites connected via SD-WAN will not go down but these below mentioned will take place.

>>Tunnels may go down due to keep-alive timeouts.

>>traffic will not get impacted.

>>You can't make any changes and also you can't push any changes.

>>You will not be able to add interfaces.

>>You can't make any changes on VIF.

>>Phase 2 may go down if you have SASE configured.

Regards,

Sawan Jain

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!