Incomplete Application

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Incomplete Application

L4 Transporter

What does it mean when it saw the application is incomplete or insufficient data?  But the action is to allow it? I assume the traffic in and out for this unknow app and IP address has been allowed

21 REPLIES 21

But it isn't blocking anything right it just doesn't can't identify the application

L3 Networker

Hello Infotech,

Please refer the following link for detailed explanation about incomplete in the application field:

Incomplete, Insufficient data and Not-applicable in the application field

Regards,

Jahnavi

Yes I read the suggested link but I want to know it what that means n regard to being blocked or not blocked and where I need to go to determine if its blocked or if it is coming in and out

Not applicable

In my experience, when you see incomplete application and you believe traffic should be allowed through you need to check out your NAT settings. For some reason the 3 way handshake isn't completing and correct configuration of NAT is often an issue.

Do you have an appropriate rule or  "any " "any" deny rule at the bottom of the policy table to log these packets.?

Thanks

I have a cleanup rule in my security policies  set up so would I search in the traffic monitor for that rule?

So what do I check in the nat setting specifically

Yes, please monitor traffic logs for that rule.

Thanks

It depends what you are trying to accomplish.  This picture might be able to help explain how it works, so you can set it correctly.PA NAT picture.JPG.jpg

I checked the traffic logs for that rule and I did not have any denies to or from the source or destination address or in or outside the network.

I am trying to allow a user to copy data via a ftp connection,which he can do and also see the copied data on the remote location at a vendor site

I emailed you back hulk but it bounced

So the part that isn't working is he can't see the data has been copied even though he is able to successfully copy the data there?

• 21 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!