Inter-routing between diffrent Virtuel Router

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Inter-routing between diffrent Virtuel Router

L2 Linker

Hi Brothers,

Plz help me, i have a scénario wich i must configure every interface with its own Virtuel router, and i need to make routing between  this virtuel router.

Ex:

Ethernet1/1 has VR1

Ethernet1/2 has VR2

How i can make routing between VR1 & VR2 ??

plz your help

5 REPLIES 5

L7 Applicator

Hi @hamza-zidane

Simply add routes where you choose "Next VR" as next hop and then ypu choose the coresponding VR.

Regards,

Remo

PS: the big question is: why do you need to do that? If you need routing between these interfaces this separation will only add operational burdens but no additional security.

I have been told that inter-VR traffic is slow, and that if you need good performance it is best to run such traffic via an external switch. I don't know if this is still the case in PAN-OS 8.

hi @Remo

Thank you very much brother for ur reply, i need this design because i have 2 ISP Provider, and i must use it redondancy, and i have to configure the globalprotect in this dsign.

for more information you can see this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jUcZ9ISVwk

Are both ISPs equal (bandwidth, service level, ...)?

@hamza-zidane,

I don't think that's going to be the easiest way to configure what you are looking for, which is what @Remo is fishing for I think. What you're currently doing is going to work obviously, but it gets really messy and becomes a nightmare to document properly. 

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!