Internet video UDP-range - STUN?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Internet video UDP-range - STUN?

L2 Linker

Our HR uses Interview from Indeed https://interviews.indeed.com/demo/video/
I've tried to open firewall ports with application STUN, service ANY.
But that did not work (error message because of missing "network connection").
For testing I've opened all ports for my user, that worked. So I knew it's the firewall.
I've ended up with trial and error.
At the end I added new service with UDP-ports 3478, 12000-20000 and made firewall policy with this service.
This seems to work, at least most of the time.
Maybe there is a more elegant way?
Thanks.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@ChrisCon,

Have you checked your traffic logs after creating your test allow any rule or enabled logging on your interzone-default entry? Indeed uses Twilio on the backend for their video interview process, so I would be validating that you aren't blocking anything being identified under the Twilio app-id. 

Twilio themselves also published all of their required communication HERE that would at the very least allow you to lock this down to actual required hosts if you aren't already doing so. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@ChrisCon,

Have you checked your traffic logs after creating your test allow any rule or enabled logging on your interzone-default entry? Indeed uses Twilio on the backend for their video interview process, so I would be validating that you aren't blocking anything being identified under the Twilio app-id. 

Twilio themselves also published all of their required communication HERE that would at the very least allow you to lock this down to actual required hosts if you aren't already doing so. 

L2 Linker

Thanks for the hint with Twilio. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!