Is it possible to save login data (USER/PASS) in Firefox?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

L2 Linker

My Firefox does not ask "save oder not"?

Thanks

Roman

6 REPLIES 6

L7 Applicator

Hello Roman,

Although, the issue is not related to PAN firewall, adding a link for you, it might help you for the same.

Usernames and passwords are not saved | Firefox Help

Password manager - Remember, delete and change saved passwords in Firefox | Firefox Help

Thanks

Hello Hulh,

thank you for your answer.

I know how to save passwords in Firefox and how to work with exceptions.The settings are correct.

But Firefox does not ask "save or not save".

May be it is prohibited, please have a look at his information from Firefox help:

Websites prohibit password saving

Some websites do not allow for passwords to be saved for security reasons. If you have followed the steps above, but are still not prompted to save a password when logging in to a certain website, that site may have disabled password saving.

L7 Applicator

Hello Roman,

Please check this link: Disable Password Saving in Web Browsers - IS&T Contributions - Hermes

Is this issue related to Palo Alto firewall..?

Thanks

Hi Hulk,

I tried to save the password in IExplorer too. It works for other URL but not for the Firewall URL.

I do believe the GUI does not allow for some security reasons to save the login data.

In this case it is a PA related problem.

Does your Firefox allow this?

Roman

Website Admin can select if User can save their Password.

It is a common Feature for Security Website like financial Services.

Although there is a very good reason NOT to save passwords for Security Products there is a workaround for

Firefox & Chrome.

Once the Password is saved in the Firefox Database , it will be used every time you visit the Website.

All you have to do is to ignore the "do not save" flag 😉

The goal is to get the Password in the Firefox Database.

-> Visit the Login Page, enter your credentials -> Do NOT press Login

-> rightclick the Website and select "Search Element (Q)" (i don't know really what it is in english, in my German browser it is "Element untersuchen (Q)"

-> find "autocomplete="off" and replace it with autocomplete="on"

-> press login and you will get the normal Question if you would like to save your password.

This works for all websites that won't let you save your password.

This is NOT a Bug in Paloalto but a security Feature.

Regards

Marco

Thanks Marco!!

When log in into the firewall next time with saved credentials you have to type in the first letter of the username.

Firefox completes the username and password.

I mean .. this is not a secure enough .. but it helps.

Roman

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!