Is it possible to transfer the username from an authenticated user on a squid to the log in the PA ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Is it possible to transfer the username from an authenticated user on a squid to the log in the PA ?

L0 Member

Hello,

I have a squid proxy in the internal network, which does the user authentication against the active directory.

Now I would like to see the username in the logfiles of the PA firewall.

I do not want to use the username for authentication on the PA just to visulize, who is initiating this webtraffic.

Something simular to x-forward-for, not using IPs, but using the username.

Can I rewrite the IPs in the x-forward-for with the username ? Is there any other possiblity ?

regardsid 

Ralf

1 REPLY 1

L6 Presenter

I think there are examples in Devcenter regarding how to script stuff on one box and inject this by using the XML-API of the PA-device.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!