Is PAN OS buggy?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Is PAN OS buggy?

L3 Networker

If I only had my personal experience and the amount of chatter on the support forum, I'd say that the PAN OS is buggy.  Is there more comprehensive information available on bugs in the various releases, like Cisco's Bug Toolkit?  I'd like to make more informed decisions on when to take the plunge into the next release.

Thanks,

Mike

11 REPLIES 11

L3 Networker

In the release notes under software updates? I've always seen a list of known issues.  I've never run into anything undocumented, so I don't know how well things or how poorly things are documented.

There is a list of known critical bugs, but I admit a list of current bugs (not only critical) would be great.

I'm not really thinking of documentation per se, more like how do I research the bugs reported in a specific release?  The release notes are a good source of information on what might be addressed in a release, but how do I find what is already known about a release?

Alright, then yes there is a PDF with all patch notes and bug list with each release. Find it in Software section of support site

Speaking of which... how long to wait until you take the leap for a new major version?

Looking at the release notes for 5.0.0 there are except for the regular "new features" also a list of fixed bugs, so would 4.1.9 be a better option to update to instead of 5.0.0 and why?

I mean because 4.1.9 will most likely have its bugs aswell so the reason of new features might not be that well documented regarding bugs doesnt really count.

My plan is the following : upgrade Panorama to 5.0.1 when it's out. Upgrade to 5.0.1 one or two remote office which aren't critical to gather experience and possible problems.

Upgrade around 5.0.2/5.0.3 when I get confident.

This is the heart of  my OP.  I'd like more information on what the *current* status of bugs are.  The release notes are old news, PA should give access to the bug tracking data so we can evaluate the risk of upgrading.

Thanks for all the reply's.

Cheers,

Mike

You can also search for the status of *current* bugs in the case management tool , if you have a support contract

Hi Bart,

I couldn't find anything other than a search faciltiy for case notes and documents, where did you find a bug lookup tool?

Thanks,

Mike

There are quite some bugs described under "support" / "case management" / "Articels"

But I agree, this is not a real bug lookup tool...

Not applicable

what about ?

I think that's the list you are looking for.

• 11 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!