Is the PA-220 compatible with newer firmware versions. Like 8.0 and 8.1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Is the PA-220 compatible with newer firmware versions. Like 8.0 and 8.1

L1 Bithead

So we have several PA-200 in production and need to upgrade to 8.0. I was talking to a Palo Alto technician and he was telling me that the PA-200 are too old and not enough resources to handle the newer firmware and to upgrade. Do the PA-220 have enough power. I am assuming so since they are the newer version. 

Also, can they handle the workload of SSL Decryption? 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Yes it is. Check out the tech specs on it.

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/platforms

It can also do SSL decryption, but remember its a smaller box so you could potentially overload it if you put too much traffic through it.

Regards,

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@emarchetti,

So just to be clear here, the PA-200 completely supports 8.0 and 8.1. You could completely install 8.0 or 8.1 on those PA-200s as you work to get everything upgraded to PA-220s if you so wish. Past that, it isn't expected that the PA-200 will continue to be supported in the next major software release. 

The PA-220s are presently the goto small appliance at the moment, and as such are fully supported. Just like the PA-200, the PA-220 supports decryption perfectly fine as long as you keep in mind the platform limitations on the smaller appliances. 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!