Kerberos Username Format

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Kerberos Username Format

L0 Member

Hi All,

I've just set up Kerberos authentication and all seems to be working fine.

I see you are able to use either the FQDN format of "user@company.local" or the netbios of "company\user" to login.

Previously I have implimented LDAP so the user just used their name

Question:

a)     is it possible to predefine the domain so the user just enters their name ?

b)     the domain is using the ".local" attribute and not what a users email address would be i.e. ".co.za" will it be just a case of user education I will have to go through or is there a way to use the registered email address FQDN of "user@company.co.za" to log them in?

Thanks in advance

Marc

1 REPLY 1

Not applicable

Hello,

Please see the following document.  https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-1762 In the Kerberos Server profile, there should be a  Realm and Domaim field.  In th Realm feild, you can enter the "user@company.co.za"

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!