Local Support for Pan-DB

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Local Support for Pan-DB

L1 Bithead

Hi All,  a client of ours lives in SouthEast Asia and is looking to purchase Pan-DB and wonders if they will need to rely on local support there, which is very spotty.  It looks like this community and the support side of things is very strong.  How likely is it that they would encounter issues requiring local support there, ie, something that couldn't be easily resolved through the help of this forum or on the support site?  What are the most common issues requiring maintenance?  Anything you can share would be great!

6 REPLIES 6

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Are you referring to PAN-DB URL filteringor the unit itsself? As for the software issues, I cant recall one that wasnt resolved with remote supprt in some way. If its a hardware issue, then it a send in the unit to have it replaced. 

Regards,

Hi, yes thanks and I am referring to just the URL filtering license, not the firewall hardware itself.  Your response is very helpful.  

Kind Regards,
Kevin

Hi, yes thanks and I am referring to just the URL filtering license, not the firewall hardware itself.  Your response is very helpful and I am already super impressed with the online support and live community! 

Kind Regards,
Kevin

Hello,

For me its been 100% remote. This does however mean that someone with knowledge of the firewall is managing it. You can create custom URL catagories to whitelist or black list or even submite a URL for a catagory change via the support site. 

https://urlfiltering.paloaltonetworks.com/

Honestly I would not own a PAN without this license.

Just my thoughts.

Thanks!  And I can't imagine there would be any issues with the warranty on the hardware if the PAN-DB URL filtering license was purchased from a vendor outside the local area?  

Kevin

That would be a question for a sales guy, but I highly doubt it would be an issue. 

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!