Logged in Admins - Gui - Idle Timeout

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Logged in Admins - Gui - Idle Timeout

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

When I login to PA I see

Logged in Admins - so many users with ilde timeout.

How can i fix this we have idle time out Auth with 15 mins.

Is there any config i can do so that PA can log out users from Logged in Admin display in GUI?

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Perhaps they are logging on from a system that is always on and they are on the logs page with the refresh on and this keeps them logged in. I do this during the day just so I can periodically check on things and it doesnt log me out due to the refesh.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

Hey @MP18

I had experienced the same problem before, and it seemed as though people weren't getting timed out even if they were 100% idle.

We set the idle timeout to 1 minute, sat there doing nothing and still didn't get logged out.

We logged it with PAN and it went all the way up to their development team where they confirmed its actually a bug. It's been fixed now under PAN-104041 which is targeted for PAN-OS 8.1.6 (or 8.0 equivelant.. if it will be backported to 8.0). This could be what you're experiencing.

Thanks,

Luke.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Where exactly do you see this? 

Please advise,

here is screenshot  in middle of page you see logged in admins

Capture.PNG

MP

@MP18,

Go to Device > Setup > Management > Authentication Settings:

Set the Idle Timeout value to your desired setting. By default, admin sessions will not time out until 60 minutes have elapsed. 

it is already set for 15 mins.

what i see users logged during day time they do not sign out and when i check later that day it still shows them looged in.

Even if i check on late night or on weekend it shows them logged in.

I know that they work till 5PM only.

MP

Hello,

Perhaps they are logging on from a system that is always on and they are on the logs page with the refresh on and this keeps them logged in. I do this during the day just so I can periodically check on things and it doesnt log me out due to the refesh.

Hope that helps.

Many thanks for reply

MP

Hey @MP18

I had experienced the same problem before, and it seemed as though people weren't getting timed out even if they were 100% idle.

We set the idle timeout to 1 minute, sat there doing nothing and still didn't get logged out.

We logged it with PAN and it went all the way up to their development team where they confirmed its actually a bug. It's been fixed now under PAN-104041 which is targeted for PAN-OS 8.1.6 (or 8.0 equivelant.. if it will be backported to 8.0). This could be what you're experiencing.

Thanks,

Luke.

Thanks for replying back to it.

Currently we are running 8.0.9 will this be fixed in this version?

MP

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!