Logs not deleted

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Logs not deleted

L3 Networker

Hello Everyone,

we are using Panorama to manae our firewalls and logs are forwarded to panorama (except our 7050)

Now we set a expiration period of 60 days in panorama under:

Panorama > Setup > Management and edit the Logging and Reporting Settings AND

Panorama > Collector Groups

However I still see logs older than 60 days.

In CLI I see Expiration Period is set to 60 days but the Current Retention is as back as 300 days (for some entries)

How do I set this retention only for 60 days so that older logs are automatically deleted?

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@rjdahav163,

If this is setup correctly I don't know of any reason why the logs would be kept over what you've specified for your 'Max Days' value. What's your software version on your Panorama appliance?

HI BPry,

It is 7.1.10 ....

There's a few known issues with the log collector process with 7.1.10, I wonder if you're not experiencing this because of one of them. Did you just start noticing this issue after the update? 

Hi BPry,

no not after the update. Other way round. We updated few weeks ago. Then few days ago configured the Log settings.

What we see is that the retention period is set correctly on the individual firewalls managed by Panorama.

However on the Panorama itself,  I see retention periods way more than 90 days.

Regards,

R

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!