Maint partition is empty

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Maint partition is empty

L3 Networker

Hello,  I have two PA-2020 in an HA Active Passive scenario.  Just looking around in my CLI, I noticed that the maint partition is empty on one of my nodes, but has an older 4.0.3 on the other node.

Partition     State         Version

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sysroot0      REVERTABLE    4.1.7
sysroot1      RUNNING-ACTIVE4.1.10
maint         EMPTY         None

Should I do something to populate the maint, and if it is empty does it prevent me from booting into maint mode etc.

Any advice?

Thank you in advance.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L6 Presenter

On 2K based MP systems it will show up as empty as we’re not using the partition for anything anymore.  Maint mode is built out of the running sysroot partition in order to get rid of install deps we were hitting with maint mode. This has been the case since PANOS 4.0.x. Systems wouldn't start showing maint as empty unless they were factory reset. This is expected behavior.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

L6 Presenter

On 2K based MP systems it will show up as empty as we’re not using the partition for anything anymore.  Maint mode is built out of the running sysroot partition in order to get rid of install deps we were hitting with maint mode. This has been the case since PANOS 4.0.x. Systems wouldn't start showing maint as empty unless they were factory reset. This is expected behavior.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!