Malware everywhere

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Malware everywhere

L1 Bithead
Hello there,
I'm planning in getting some Palo Alto equipment/ services as I'm an average Jenny but I keep getting tampered by vicious trolls/hackers.
I have multipath internet connections and several malware on my laptop. Even when I take it to the store for restore it doesn't go away! I read might b a rootkit! I have python commands, ssl in an open library folder that I did not download. Could they be using my connection as a server? And what products/ services recommend?
Thank you!!

http://imgur.com/a/IGcsr
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Palo doesn't have an endpoint protection for mobile...Just global protect which is a VPN solution.  So you can in a "round about way" get a PA220...License GP, URL, Threat the 220 and protect your iPhone.  (This won't fix if your phone currently has malicious software on it)

All that being said this seems a bit over the top for what you need, as what I've just described in setting up is more than a "home IT" person can do.  Not to mention $1,000 list for the FW and the yearly subscription costs.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

L1 Bithead

IMG_0059.JPGIMG_0067.JPGIMG_0073.JPGIMG_0074.JPGIMG_0075.JPGIMG_0077.JPGIMG_0078.JPGIMG_0079.JPGIMG_0080.JPG

L6 Presenter

Your mac (end host) has malware and you're asking what Palo Alto product would sanitize your device?  What products were you looking at?  If you're just looking at a firewall platform (PA-220 for instance) that won't resolve your issue.  Sounds to me like you need endpoint protection which in the Palo space is "Traps."

Thank you so much for your reply! 

Ill look into that but also I would like to have control over my network so no future intrusions happens once my mac and laptops are sanatized. Would a firewall help me with that ?  And what command should I use in terminal if you happen to know it, to find out what server or firewall my mac connects to! 

Thank you!!!!😊

I'm not even connected to the internet and I have established connectionsI'm not even connected to the internet and I have established connectionsIMG_0081.JPG

Sure, a PA-220 would help prevent future intrusions, but you'll want threat subscription services at a minimum, and URL if you've got the money.

There's not really a "command" you can run from a end host which will say "this is your firewall."

@cat777,

I just wanted to verify that you actually have a independent network to actually allow you to put in a firewall. How exactly do you connect to the internet now? I assume that you have home/business connection that goes into a consumer grade router now right? 

The big thing really is to verify that you don't just hop on your apartments wireless network as at that point a PA-220 isn't really going to help you any. 

Thank you for your reply! Yes I have an independent connection! I connect through A Ethernet cable to a frontier router! I disabled the wireless in my router and also disabled wireless and Bluetooth on the laptops hoping that's solve the issue but it didn't. Also if anyone could shed some light how could I know if my iPhone got rootkits, it changes hues would go from bright white to low white and will get very warm at times and it never gives me a temperature warning. It's an iPhone 7 and got it for less than a month. My previous iPhone got the same behavior. and what product would I need to protect my iPhone.

thank you 😊

IMG_0084.PNG

Palo doesn't have an endpoint protection for mobile...Just global protect which is a VPN solution.  So you can in a "round about way" get a PA220...License GP, URL, Threat the 220 and protect your iPhone.  (This won't fix if your phone currently has malicious software on it)

All that being said this seems a bit over the top for what you need, as what I've just described in setting up is more than a "home IT" person can do.  Not to mention $1,000 list for the FW and the yearly subscription costs.

Thank you so much for your patience 😊You're right I'll start with an endpoint/trap hopefully that keeps the intruders out!
Thank you!!!
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!