Management access for permitted IPs

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Management access for permitted IPs

L2 Linker

hi

i am trying to add 10/8 as premitted IP subnet in mgmt interface but it seems to not work? anyone else has experienced this?

5 REPLIES 5

L7 Applicator

I do not restrict management to specific ip’s but it’s my understanding that this option is for host addresses, not entire ranges.

I will recheck but I think it works for a /24

Hello,

One approach is to use the PAN itself to secure the management interface. Meaning you put the management interface into a zone that is managed by the PAN so then you can use all sorts of different options to secure the management interface, i.e. source/destination IP, zone, user-id, etc.

Cheers!

yes good point @OtakarKlier but our policies only permit out of band management.

perhaps @josggf has the management interface connected to the user or trusted LAN and therefore your suggestion would be best.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@josggf,

What's the point of even putting in permitted IPs if you're enabling an entire /8 network? Regardless, 8.1.* and 8.0.* will allow you to do this perfectly fine without complaint, are you trying to actually include '10/8' or '10.0.0.0/8', because it would need to be the second option. 

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!